Rodriguez Strategies is Hiring!!
Rodriguez Strategies, a full-service boutique public affairs firm, seeks an associate to join its growing team in Los Angeles. Rodriguez Strategies’ clients include some of the country’s leading nonprofits, trade associations, and corporations. This position requires an organized and professional self-starter to play a key role supporting public affairs campaigns at the local, state, and federal levels.
The associate will manage legislation and agenda tracking, assist with proposal writing, track state and national political campaigns, and manage the firm’s social media presence. The associate will work closely with the firm’s senior leadership to execute their duties in a collaborative environment. Position will require overnight travel and ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an elected official’s office, on political campaigns, or in public affairs. In addition, interested candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment where managing multiple projects at once and balancing competing priorities are the norm. Interested candidates should be team-oriented, flexible, able to juggle multiple projects at once and must be able to pivot quickly to meet moving goals. Most importantly, the candidate must be passionate about politics and excited by the opportunity to work on a variety of public policy issues.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years experience working for an elected official, public affairs firm, or political campaigns
- Familiarity with and interest in California and national politics
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track introduction and implementation of local public policy
- Draft press releases and media materials
- Monitor news and social media, and prepare daily media clips for clients
- Assist with coalition building and outreach for short- and long-term issue-based campaigns
- Manage research on client related issues
This is a permanent position. Competitive compensation with full benefits including 401k and match, health care, profit sharing, paid vacation, and annual performance bonus.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Dylan Johnson at email@example.com.