Now Seeking Fall 2017 Policy & Marketing Interns
Are you interested in public policy and local political issues? Do you want hands-on experience working with top-level management at a consulting firm? Are you interested in California and Los Angeles politics?
Rodriguez Strategies is seeking policy & marketing interns for the Fall 2017 semester. Located in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, our boutique firm is led by Democratic strategist Matthew Rodriguez.
We are seeking self-motivated students to join our team of experienced professionals. As a public affairs firm, Rodriguez Strategies creates specialized goals and strategies for our clients based on emerging local policies, the state-wide political atmosphere, and coalition-building opportunities.
Interns at Rodriguez Strategies will provide assistance on client work and/or business development. Each intern gains exposure to daily consulting activities in addition to valuable time with top-level management.
- Research and become familiar with client policy areas and emerging local policies
- Monitor and organize city and county agenda items relevant to ongoing projects
- Monitor news and social media coverage of local political issues and client work
- Create content for Rodriguez Strategies social media accounts and website
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for local politics, legislative strategies, public policy, and California politics
- Background in public policy and/or marketing is preferred
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms, online research
- Professional writing and communications skills
- Ability to work independently after initial instructions
- Position: Public Affairs Intern or Marketing Intern
- Work Schedule: Part-Time, flexible with course work
- Begin: August/September 2017
- End: December 2017
- Compensation: Unpaid
**Please send the following application materials to Dylan Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the end of September 2017 for consideration:
- Cover letter describing applicant's interest and qualifications - please specify your preference for a policy or marketing internship